PowerPoint lecture slide
Size: 369 KB
Copy and visit the following link to download
- vIncreased breakdown of fetal erythrocytes. This is the result of the shortened lifespan of fetal erythrocytes and the higher erythrocyte mass in neonates.
- vHepatic excretory capacity is low both because of low concentrations of the binding protein ligandin in the hepatocytes and because of low activity of glucuronyl transferase, the enzyme responsible for binding bilirubin to glucuronic acid.
Certain factors present in the breast milk of somemothers may contribute to increasedenterohepatic circulation of bilirubin (breast milkjaundice).
increase bilirubin production through increasedhemolysis.
Nonimmune hemolytic disorders (spherocytosis,G-6-PD deficiency) may also cause increased
© DENTIST BD BLOG . All rights reserved.
WARNING: Any unauthorised use or reproduction of gr.dentistbd.com content for commercial or any purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
People show interest in:
- pathophysiology of neonatal jaundice
- hyperbilirubinemia in newborns ppt
- neonatal jaundice ppt 2012
- pathophysiology of neonatal jaundice ppt