Jaw Relation Records & Techniques for RPD PPT
PowerPoint lecture slide
Size: 11.8 MB
- To establish and maintain a harmonious relationship with all oral structures and to provide a masticatory apparatus that is efficient and esthetically acceptable.
- To ensure that all the effects of occlusal loading be distributed as evenly as possible to all supporting structures capable of receiving the force.
- To best control the undesirable effects of rotational or torquing forces on the prosthesis.
- To prevent any deflective contacts of the teeth during centric or eccentric closures as these can produce pathological changes in the supportive structures or in the neuromuscular mechanism that controls mandibular movement.
- Vertical Jaw Relations:
- Rest Vertical Dimension ‘RVD’
- Occlusion Vertical Dimension ‘OVD’
- Horizontal Jaw Relations:
- Centric Relation
- Centric Occlusion
- Eccentric Relations
- Protrusive relation
- Lt & Rt Lateral relations
- Face bow Registration.
The distance between the occluding surfaces of maxillary and mandibular teeth when the mandible is in the rest position.
© DENTIST BD BLOG . All rights reserved.
WARNING: Any unauthorised use or reproduction of gr.dentistbd.com content for commercial or any purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
People show interest in:
- jaw relation in complete denture ppt
- jaw relation ppt
- vertical jaw relation ppt
- jaw relation
- centric relation ppt
- vertical dimension of occlusion ppt
- horizontal jaw relation ppt
- vertical dimension
- occlusal vertical dimension
- vertical jaw relation